Thursday, January 10, 2008

Sorry for the lack of updates!

I'm sorry I haven't updated the blog in a few days, but I've been very busy. I know, it sucks, this is supposed to be my break, eh? Anyhow, I recently decided to go to quackwatch.org and read a few of their articles. I highly recommend reading the acupuncture article, as well as anything that catches your eye. The site is a good example of skepticism, and better yet, it debunks a lot of medical myths that doctors may cling to, with little or no evidence (also known as quackery). There're some other websites under their "what's new?" section that are more specific than simple quackery. The best reason to visit quackwatch is to check up on what you or your doctor might believe about treating certain ailments, or how they're diagnosed, or just to educate yourself on the world of health, in a skeptical manner. In fact, they have a list of twenty-five ways to spot a quack. Good stuff, eh? :)

No comments: